Make It Rain Pain is tonight at 8 PM Eastern/7 PM Central/6 PM Mountain/5 PM Pacific
Watch the matches on Cyziax's Twitch Stream!
Watch the matches on Cyziax's Twitch Stream!
Hello and welcome to Fight To The Finish Season 2! After a long delay I have returned to host the second season of this tournament series. Fight To The Finish is a weekly Sm4sh Wii-U tournament series consisting of fifteen tournaments in a season. With Fight To The Finish’s 2nd season there are many new features and changes so let’s get to it!
“You have been quite busy lately, you don’t know how it happened, whether you lost track of time or something has kept you occupied, but looking down at your video game collection you realize it’s been forever since you had time to play some Smash Bros. Wii-U. You boot up your Wii-U remembering the last time you played was forever ago when you barely defeated your rival after they called you out. You’re determined to get back into the Smash scene though playing some warm-up matches against CPUs while debating what you should do.”
One new feature added to Fight to the Finish is tournament trivia. Each tournament has a trivia question about Smash Bros. tournaments meant to test your knowledge.
Who defeated Ken in EVO 2008’s controversial Brawl Singles?
Know the answer? PM the tournament host for bonus points on the tournament leader-board [more information below].
- 2 Stocks and 6 Minutes by default (can do 3 Stocks, 8 Minutes if both players agree on it)
- No items.
- Double Elimination: Best of 3 rounds, Best of 5 for Winners / Losers / Grand Finals.
- No customs by default (customs are allowed if both players agree / want to use them).
- Miis are allowed with any set of moves.
- DSR is now in effect meaning that you cannot counterpick a stage you have previously won on.
- You are allowed to switch between characters, but must let the player know if you're switching or not, winner decides character first then the loser does.
- IF YOU'RE WII SHARING, ONE OF YOU MUST MENTION THAT YOU'RE WII SHARING AND WHO YOU'RE WII SHARING WITH (All of the players matches who Wii Share are 2 Stocks and 6 Minutes Only).
- Make sure to save replays, if a dispute between results happens I cannot solve it without proper proof.
- Lag is a case by case scenario, but if you start lagging refer to our lag scale: http://codysnintendoroom.forumotion.com/t11-stream-information-and-lag-scale#94
STARTERS (For game 1, players either strike: 1-2-1, or agree on a stage):
- Final Destination / Omegas
- N64 Kirby’s Dreamland [Replace with Lylat Cruise if neither player has it].
- Town and City
COUNTERPICKS (For games 2 onward, the winner of the previous game bans two stages from Starters + Counterpicks and the loser picks from the remaining stages):
- Lylat Cruise
- Duck Hunt
- Skyloft (I am currently experimenting with Skyloft, due to enough requests and some stage analysis, I decided to add it to the stage list for now, this may change at a later time, but for now it’s a counterpick).
- 8 PM Eastern
- 7 PM Central
- 6 PM Mountain
- 5 PM Pacific
MAIN CHAT: https://discord.gg/ETGze73
BACK UP CHAT: the Chat on this page under the Chatroom Tab above
For the Fight To The Finish tournament series there is a leaderboard. This leaderboard will rank players for finishing in the Top 8, participating frequently, and other bonuses. The leaderboard has a season consisting of 15 tournaments, after the 15th tournament the Top 3 players are awarded the following prizes:
1ST PLACE: $35 E-Shop Card or $35 worth of merchandise from NYC’s Nintendo World store.
2ND PLACE: $20 E-Shop Card
3RD PLACE: $10 E-Shop Card
The leader-board this season has got a massive overhaul this season. Starting off there are different tiers depending on the number of participants which change the total number of points earned by players. In addition, there are new bonuses and features, such as the inactivity switch which replaces decay while keeping the competition fair. For more information on the leader-board see: http://codysnintendoroom.forumotion.com/t12-leader-board-information
There are other events happening during the tournament which players can participate in for bonus leader-board points. One event is Cody’s Bounty Hunt, where one player has a bounty placed on them and must fight their way through. Another event hailing from Allisbrawl is Grudge Match Fridays where knocked out competitors can compete against each other for redemption. For more information on these special events see: http://codysnintendoroom.forumotion.com/t8-fight-to-the-finish-season-2-events.
STREAMING INFORMATION: [COMING SOON]
BELIEVE’S HIGHLIGHT REEL:
A new feature to Fight To The Finish Season 2, if you have any highlights from the tournament please send them to us! If you send us your replays you have a chance of winning bonus points on the tournament leader-board. More information on this could be found here: http://codysnintendoroom.forumotion.com/t8-fight-to-the-finish-season-2-events#90
Submit replays by:
- Sharing them to Believe (NNID: believeinmiracles) through Smash Bros. Wii-U.
- Uploading the clip to Youtube and linking it to Believe (Believe#5765) via a private message on Discord.
CHARACTER OF THE DAY: PIT
Win a match with the “Character of the Day” in the Top 8 for bonus points on the leader-board.
If you have any questions feel free to ask, good luck and fight on.