The update will also add a teaser for the new DLC characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link, Dry Bowser, Animal Crossing Villager and Isabelle – no doubt serving to taunt players. If you do opt to pre-order the bundle, the selection of eight different coloured Yoshis and Shy Guys will reportedly be available to play straight after pre-ordering. For a run-down of what’s in the update and the Mercedes DLC pack, check out the bullet-pointed list below.
- Displays an in-game shop menu on the main start screen, which will take you through what’s included in the new DLC packs arriving November this year and May 2015.
- The in-game shop menu will also give you access to the Mercedes free downloadable content, if you haven’t already downloaded it from the eShop.
- Displays statistics on the main start page, giving players access to the number of coins they’ve collected, win-loss record play, favourite courses and characters, number of boosts and super boosts, etc.
- Adds the ability to display an on-screen TV map both on the main TV screen and on the GamePad for off-TV play. To enable this feature simply press the select button (or (-) minus button) on your chosen controller.
- Changes the default menu option after a race to select “Next Race” with the “Watch Highlight Reel” following after.
- Enables a system memory function – even when your Wii U is powered down – in order to save your favoured vehicle customisation.
- Increases the maximum player race or battle rating to 99,999 from 9,999.
- Improves stability for online races and battles, as well a number of other fixes for overall player enjoyment.
- Mercedes DLC pack adds three vehicles, including the Mercedes-Benz GLA, 300 SL Roadster and the Silver Arrow.