- “1,000 developers” from the Central Office HQ vacated
– “100 developers” from the Kyoto Research Office vacated
– Intelligent Systems vacated from Kyoto Research Office into their new private building.
– No more development personnel in Central Office HQ?
– Only Mario Club Co., Ltd left in Kyoto Research Office?
Kyoto Development Center (new building)
- June 2014 official time of personnel transplant
– “1,000” Nintendo developers from Central HQ and “100” Nintendo developers from Kyoto Research Office merged into new Kyoto Development Center.
– Hardware and all Software personnel now in one building.
– 1,100~ / 1,500+ capacity filled thus far
– Nintendo hopes for better efficiency and expansion
– SRD is on the “8th floor” of building (Nintendo technology affiliate)
– EAD absorbed several SPD development personnel.
– SPD production units still separate. May not be in this building.
– SDD (Miiverse, System tools) and IRD (Hardware engineers) in building.
– SDD includes a Network Operations Department, with over 100 developers purely focused on network infrastructure and network based applications. (small chapter at Tokyo office as well)
– Katsuya Eguchi is department manager of all EAD groups in building. (New 90’s Miyamoto)
– Slight delay of Kyoto based development of games until 2015.
- Sakamoto and his personal development team re-emerging under new identity?
– Graphic Art staff collectively throughout Nintendo about 40-50% female.
– EAD Tokyo unaffected
– Iwata / Miyamoto establish “General Support Group” which is an alliance of small internal and external support studios filling out large EAD production units. (1-Up Studio, Monolith Kyoto, Indies Zero, Mox).
– Nintendo has become a large client of Digitalscape Co., Ltd. (temp agency) hiring large number of contract workers, and having a high retention rate of most of them after contract is over. (Mostly for EAD Tokyo)