Additionally, tweaks to matchmaking, Ranked Battles and Splatfests will be coming with the goal to improve the overall user experience.
- Object placement in Regular Battle for the following stages will be changed to match that in Splat Zones.
- Arowana Mall
- Moray Towers
- Until now, team assignments in Ranked Battle were completely random, but some consideration will now be given to equipped weapons when assigning teams.
- Ranked Battle Matchmaking will be changed so that players of the following ranks are not matched together.
- S+ and S
- S and A+
- A- and B+
- B- and C+
- This change may be subject to further adjustment depending on changes to matchmaking times that occur as a result.
- During Ranked Battles, when a team plays at a disadvantage due to unavoidable issues such as teammates being disconnected, and then loses, the winning team’s points will be decreased by an amount proportional to the time they benefited from the above conditions.
- Adjustments have been made to the efficacy of certain Gear Abilities.
- More Info
- During Splatfests what was previously the Vibe Meter will now display your Splatfest Power.
- Initial Splatfest Power level depends upon your current Ranked Battle rank.
- Splatfest Power level will change depending on wins or losses during Splatfest Battles.
- The player with the highest Splatfest Power on the winning team will receive a slightly larger boost to their Splatfest Power than their teammates after the match.
- Until now, Splatfest matchmaking favored grouping players with similar play styles. Players will now be more likely to play with those of similar Splatfest Power level.
- The higher a team’s average Splatfest Power level, the more Splatfest Points they will earn after winning.
Another patch will arrive later on containing weapon balancing in addition to new weapon set recommendations known in-game as "Sheldon's Picks". This update will rollout in two waves, with the first of which coming in April.